Happy Valentines day everyone! I hope you have a wonderful day with your loved ones.
Today I made chocolate covered strawberries and blackberries. I love them, they're so delicious and easy to make.
Here's the recipe
strawberries, blackberries, or whatever other fruit you want
Chocolate chips or a good chocolate bar broken into small pieces (I used semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1. Wash berries ahead of time, be sure they are completely dry before you begin.
2. Melt chocolate in a double boiler, stir until chocolate is smooth and remove from heat.
Alternatively you can melt the chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave at 10% power for 2 mins. Stir. If not melted heat in additional 30 second increments, until smooth. Be sure to stir after each 30 second period, often times chocolate chips will look unmelted but once mixed you will discover they're fully melted.
3. Hold strawberries by stem, dip into chocolate. Swirl as you lift from chocolate, give a light shake to remove excess chocolate. Turn the strawberry upside down, so that the tip is pointing towards the ceiling. This will ensure the chocolate sticks to the berry and is sealed.
4. Place berries on wax paper to cool and harden.
5. To dip blackberries, stick them onto a wooden toothpick and swirl in the chocolate. Use same technique as you did with strawberries. Slide berry off toothpick onto wax paper and repeat with remaining blackberries.
It is best to make them the same day you plan to eat them. Eat within 24 hours, served at room temperature for best results. The berries will leak juices and make the chocolate weird if you wait too long to eat them (usually past 24 hours)
If you want to make them more fancy you can melt some white chocolate to drizzle over them.
Thank you for reading, please enjoy! ♥