December 08, 2010

Strawberry, Umbrella, & Bow Polymer Clay Cabochons

I've been working on some cute strawberry themed jewelry. I painted these cabochons made from polymer clay, I still need to gloss the pieces before using them for decoden and kawaii jewelry.




I am going to put red glitter on one of the red strawberries and maybe rhinestones on a few others. I can't decide if I want to use red or clear rhinestones for the red strawberries. I am planning to make a couple of rings with the strawberries and use a few for decoden projects. The umbrella cabochons and blue bow will most likely be made into hair accessories. The small bows are for decoden and the pink biscuits are for a necklace.
I like the way everything has turned out so far, except the purple umbrella. I'm not sure about my color choice and wish I went with my original idea of purple & white instead of the pink. I plan on making another batch of umbrellas and including more colors such as blue, black, and red. The large bows still need more paint before they are ready to be glossed.