December 17, 2010

Red Strawberry Cookie Sweet Deco Necklace

Here is my newest polymer clay necklace featuring a cute strawberry cookie necklace. For this necklace I used two of the finished handmade cabochons from my previous post plus a cookie I made awhile back. I applied one coat of Triple Thick gloss to the cabochons, it leaves a nice finish that is much shiner than some of the glosses I have previously used. I used powdered chalk pastel, a cosmetic sponge, and a paint brush to shade the cookie.

Originally I was planning to decorate the cookie with silicone frosting and fruit. When I laid the pieces out on top of the cookie I discovered that I liked this design much better. I usually use silver chain, but decided to go for gold this time instead. I am happy with the way it turned out and think that the gold goes well with the colors of the pendant.