August 04, 2010

Product Review: Long Term Relationship ♥♥♥♥

I have really dry and damaged hair. It is always getting tangled with itself because of the split-ends, and it feels brittle.

I have been looking for a good leave-in conditioner for awhile now. I've tried many different brands, including some higher-end salon brands. Many left my hair stiff, like styling gel, while others left it greasy, and some just didn't seem to do anything at all. The salon brands were alright, but way overpriced and the results weren't good enough to offset the cost.

A couple of months ago I decided to pick up a bottle of Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-in Split-End Protector. I typically don't use Herbal, but it was on sale for a good price so I thought "why not?"

Before I go into further detail, let me explain my hair more. It is on the longer side, straight, very fine, and color treated. I just wanted to give more info since different hair types might have different results. What works for my straight hair might not work as well for curly hair, and so forth.

The first day I used it I combed it into my towel dried hair, giving the ends of my hair a little extra. The first thing I noticed was that the product wasn't really sticky like many of the other products I have tried, which is great. It also has a very nice scent. Once my hair had dried it was noticeably silkier, smoother, and tangle free! The scent lingered all day.

I have continued to use the product everyday for the past two months. There has been visible improvement in my hair. It isn't as dry anymore, the split-ends haven't gotten worse, and my hair has more shine. Overall, it just looks and feels much healthier.

Average retail price is $3.99
I recommend this product and give it a 4 out of 5
♥♥♥♥

I might possibly try out the shampoo and conditioner as well! But for now I have giant bottles of TRESemmé my boyfriend bought me.