March 01, 2010

22 Years

I celebrated by birthday on the 24th, turned 22. I feel a little old, even though I know 22 isn't old at all.

My birthday was no big deal this year, which is fine by me. I have never really liked birthdays. When I was young, 6 or 7, I begged my mom not to have a party and I cried because my mom told me I had to have one. Perhaps it is just parties that I don't like. There must have been some sort of traumatizing event at a birthday party once that I have since suppressed.


Anyways, for my birthday this year my significant other took me to Red Lobster for dinner. They burnt my lobster, served us old wine that tasted pretty much like pure vinegar, and said I was too old to get free dessert. I really wish he would have just let me go to the grocery store and buy ingredients to make a fancy dinner at home. But it's the thought that counts.

I love the gifts that I received. My sister sent me a necklace, assorted tea, and chapstick. My love gave me a bottle of zinfandel, italian spices, and a small ceramic pot. All my gifts are pictured at the top of this entry. The ceramic pot is my favorite! I'm using it as a jewelry box.

So maybe my birthday could have been better in some ways, but that alright. I had fun regardless. Things could have been worse.