May 23, 2011

Magic to Craft: 52 Sweet Spells No. 14- Rainbow Ribbon French Memo Board

I've been wanting a bulletin board to keep important bills and other papers organized. Originally I was going to use fabric covered cardboard in a picture frame. I had one made this way before and it worked well.
Instead I decided I would rather have a french memo board so I wouldn't have to use tacks and put holes in the papers.
This was very simple to make and took less than an hour. I used a cheap stretched artist canvas, covered it with fabric, using a staple gun to keep it in place. Then I added the ribbons, using hot glue to hold them in the back and sewing through the canvas at the ribbon intersections.


I'm planning on making some polymer clay buttons to sew onto the board where the ribbons intersect. I'm still deciding on the shapes and colors for the buttons.